Thursday, July 30, 2009

Tortilla Wrap With Fresh Tomatillo Salsa

Tonight for dinner, I decided to try a fresh tomatillo salsa. I served it with a simple flour tortilla wrap (I filled it with fake chicken from Morning Star) and made grilled seasoned potatoes to round out the meal.

Fresh Tomatillo Salsa
Ingredients

1 pound of tomatillos
1 clove of garlic (you can use more if you like a lot of garlic.)
Salt, pepper, and cilantro to taste. (I tend to add a lot of cilantro, but some people find it a bit strong.)
1/4 to 1/2 of the juice from a lime
A few dashes of hot sauce
I added a pinch of sugar just to help balance the flavors, but this is optional.
**You can also add a diced onion. Most people do when making salsa, but Laura and I don't like onions.

Directions
1.After removing the husks and rinsing the tomatillos, dry and quarter them. Place them on a baking sheet and broil them for a few minutes. (Allow them to become a bit charred.)

2.Remove from broiler and combine all the ingredients into a food processor and blend until desired consistency.


1 comment:

  1. AHH. That looks SO GOOD. I'm trying this immediately (without the cilantro).

    ReplyDelete